Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hunger Games Mani #1 = FAIL

This one is a fail in my book... :( I had this wonderful subtle idea for a Hunger Games mani and this is what I ended up with.

I do on the other had love the french that I started out with.  I did 2 layers of China Glaze Fast Track from the Hunger Games collection.  This is a beauty! It went on nice and dried pretty fast.  It looks so soft and nice then BAM! In the sun you get these gorgeous gold sparkles.  Then I added (from the Hunger Games collection) China Glaze Smoke and Ashes!  I have read lots of mixed reviews about this polish, I was even told by the girl I was buying it from at Sallys not to buy it.  I am so glad I didn't listen!  I love this polish and will do some swatches of it so you can see just how gorgeous this girl is :)
Smoke and Ashes went on so so smooth and I got away with doing 1 coat on the tips!  It has these beautiful blue and black sparkles in it, smaller than glitter but SPARKLY!  I am in love with this polish!

(This is my right hand and it was not wanting to be photographed!)

This is the beginning of the end for this mani :(  I added some circular lines to look similar to the first book cover but that isn't what I got.  Oh, well!  Live and learn :)


I will be trying more Hunger Games manis because I didn't get to see the movie yet.  I guess I will keep trying till I find one I like.

Let me know what you think of the new Hunger Games Collection from China Glaze.  I bought a few more from the collection and I will post on them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment